Remember that when you leave this Earth, you can take with you nothing that you have received, only what you have given, a full heart enriched by honest service, love, sacrifice and courage. -St. Francis of Assisi

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Name - A to Z blog challenge

Here is a link to a post about how I named my blog.

I started spelling my name - Teri, when I was in 7th or 8th grade,  just to be different.

When I owned a business, I was Theresa.

I have always had a slight speech problem. I remember going to speech classes in grammar school.

When I would answer my business phone most people thought I said Kerry, and thought I was a guy. So after a few days of this, I went back to my formal name - Theresa. 

So now I use Teri again except for legal documents. Of course, I still have problems with people not understanding me. Guess I need to practice some of those speech exercises again. 

Teri, Terry, Tery, Terri, Teresa, Terese, Tereza, Theresa, Therese, Theresia, Terez,. Tere, Terezia

From the Spanish and Portuguese name Teresa. It was first recorded as Therasia, being borne by the Spanish wife of SaintPaulinus of Nola in the 4th century. The meaning is uncertain, but it could be derived from Greek θερος (theros) "summer", from Greek θεριζω(therizo) "to harvest", or from the name of the Greek island of Therasia (the western island of Santorini).
The name was mainly confined to Spain and Portugal during the Middle Ages. After the 16th century it was spread to other parts of the Christian world, due to the fame of the Spanish nun and reformer Saint Teresa of Ávila. Another famous bearer was the Austrian Habsburg queen Maria Theresa (1717-1780), who inherited the domains of her father, the Holy Roman Emperor Charles VI, beginning the War of the Austrian Succession.  (behindthename.com)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I welcome your thoughts and comments.

Drake Tax Software

Overnight stays in these states:

Overnight stays in these states:
It is the sandstorm that shape the stone statues of the Desert. It is the struggles of Life that form a person's character ~ Native American Proverb