Remember that when you leave this Earth, you can take with you nothing that you have received, only what you have given, a full heart enriched by honest service, love, sacrifice and courage. -St. Francis of Assisi

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Amarillo, TX

Tuesday May 6, 2014


Still heading North, trying to out-run the wind today.

After checking the weather last night and this morning, I determined that I needed to leave early to avoid driving in strong winds. 

I left the RV park at 7:00 am to drive to Amarillo.  I wanted to stop at a few places along the way, but they were not open that early. So, I just kept on driving.

The RV parks in Amarillo are near what looks like a suburban area.  Lots of shopping, restaurants, motels, etc.

Since I left so early this morning and did not stop along the way, I was able to do a little shopping before I checked into the RV park. Gander Mountain - I am looking for a nice looking windbreaker/raincoat - no luck, unless I want to spend $100. Barnes & Noble books - a Yellowstone magazine and a puzzle book. TJMaxx - khaki pants for work and the Natural Grocer for a few items. 

I checked into the RV park around 3pm and then the wind kicked up and it stayed hot and windy until almost 8pm. It cooled off nicely overnight.

More wind predicted for Wednesday afternoon, so I think it will be an early start again.

Miles driven Tuesday - 300

Fuel prices (mid-grade):
Snyder, TX ........ $3.669







6 comments:

  1. I hope you find a windbreaker, sounds like you will need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually buy when things are on sale. You might check Dick's Sporting Goods (chain store). I picked up a nice lightweight Columbia Sports rain jacket for $19 last spring. Does it feel good to be back traveling every day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continued safe traveling. I hope the wind starts leaving you alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankfully I don't need to worry too much about the wind for a few months. I've arrived at my summer location. Good luck to you with the winds. They are a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yellowstone was one of our favorite places... planned to stay a couple of days.... stayed at least a couple of weeks... probably longer. Glad you outran the wind! it can be brutal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think May has stolen Marches Lion Winds. At least you were able to beat most of the nasty wind and get shopping done too.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I welcome your thoughts and comments.

Drake Tax Software

Overnight stays in these states:

Overnight stays in these states:
It is the sandstorm that shape the stone statues of the Desert. It is the struggles of Life that form a person's character ~ Native American Proverb