Remember that when you leave this Earth, you can take with you nothing that you have received, only what you have given, a full heart enriched by honest service, love, sacrifice and courage. -St. Francis of Assisi

Monday, April 9, 2012

On The Road Again....

After living in my daughter's house for 3 weeks,
 it was time to load everything back into the coach.

Things seemed to keep making there way into her house.  Clothes, computers, electronic gadgets, paperwork, sewing supplies and lots of miscellaneous stuff.  I also loaded up the refrigerator in the coach with leftovers from all of the good food we cooked and Karl made me a batch of Mango Salsa, yum!

And some Easter Eggs to make egg salad


Ha, ha ---  Diane commented this morning that I was like a college kid that came home to do laundry and raid the refrigerator.

I helped Diane and Karl with a garage sale last week, they are purging stuff and downsizing. They are planning on moving later this year.  They are in the process of painting every room in the house and upgrading some things.  I did not do any painting or remodeling, but I helped them to wrap and pack things that they are keeping and/or putting in storage. I have a few boxes of stuff at their house that will go into storage.

I also did a little bit of sewing, I made some large pillow covers to go across the back of the couch/bed in the RV and made a few pillows and pillowcases for me and for Diane.  Diane is spray painting all of their yard furniture in cool, beachy colors and I made some cushion covers for her.



*     *     *     *     *

I have to check in at my seasonal job on Wednesday, April 11th, Orientation is the 12th.  I'm not sure what day I will start working or what my hours will be.  I'm not sure I would really call this "workamping" as I will get paid for all hours worked.  I will pay $25 a week for my RV site rent. Traditional "workamping" is trading work for an RV site.  I will be doing accounting work, which is not really a typical "workamping" job.

I'll be posting more information about the job when I get settled in my new location.

Now I have to get caught up on reading all of the blogs in my "reader". Where does all the time go?

11 comments:

  1. It's still workamping. Some of us still need to make an income, yet, get a deal out of a space to rent. So you did good! Looks like you had a wonderful Easter holiday with family. :-)
    The posies are pretty & we want to see pillow pix! Love the color on the furniture. I used to spray paint mine too to give it longer life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you for using your daughter's amenities..that's what kids are for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is sort of like moving home for spring break. Glad you got to spend time with family.

    And I agree, your job is still workamping. You'll love Mesa Verde.

    Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you landed yourself a sweet workamping position. Nicely done! I forget if you said you would be working full-time or not.

    Roxanne
    The Good Luck Duck

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a happy picture for the header.
    You sure have been busy these past weeks, but sounds like fun things.
    Be safe on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I love Pansies! They are the cheeriest flowers.
    Safe travels and hope you enjoy your job.

    Sherry
    www.directionofourdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure sounds like workamping to me. You're just choosing the scenery for your job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't realize you were going to be working at Mesa Verde. We went on a Grand Circle RV trip two years ago and enjoyed it tremendously. We only had one day at Mesa Verde and I wish we could have been there longer. We saw a lot while we were there, including going on the Cliff Palace tour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Work camping comes in all forms. Some paid , some volunteer, its great that we can find the things that work for us. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck to you in your new job and location. It sounds like it will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been trying to find a sewing machine to borrow for the last 3 months to make some new shades for my windows in the RV but so far no luck. It seems that none of my friends or relatives do any sewing anymore. Oh well, I'll worry about that tomorrow.
    By the way, I love the pansies. Toni--'sailingdowntheroad.blogspot.com'

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I welcome your thoughts and comments.

Drake Tax Software

Overnight stays in these states:

Overnight stays in these states:
It is the sandstorm that shape the stone statues of the Desert. It is the struggles of Life that form a person's character ~ Native American Proverb