Remember that when you leave this Earth, you can take with you nothing that you have received, only what you have given, a full heart enriched by honest service, love, sacrifice and courage. -St. Francis of Assisi

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Can I change my ways

I walk down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I fall in. I am lost. I am helpless
It isn't my fault.
It takes forever to find a way out.
*
I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I pretend I don't see it.
I fall in again.  
I can't believe I am in the same place.
But it is not my fault.
It takes a long time to get out.
*
I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk,
I see it's there.
I still fall in.
 It is a habit.
My eyes are open.
I know where I am;
it IS my fault.
I get out immediately.
*
I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I walk around it
I walk down another street.
*   *   *   *   *
Yes, I can make changes.
Bad Habits.......be gone........

5 comments:

  1. When we were looking at the Alfa I bumped my head on the TV that was sticking out on my side of the bed.

    The salesman adjusted it so it was no longer seriously in the way. He said, you will only bump your head three times, then you will avoid it.

    I did better, I bumped into it twice, and now I look out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all can learn by out mistakes if we'll let them teach us something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't it be nice if we could get rid of our bad habits just by saying be gone? Takes work but it's doable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thanks for joining my site. I see we are both Teri's. Everyone spells mine wrong. How about you? It sounds as if you are going to do some traveling? I'd love to hear more about it. I will join your site so that I can follow along. Great to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post. I feel like that's what I do on a daily basis. I fall into the same hole that I know is there. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I welcome your thoughts and comments.

Drake Tax Software

Overnight stays in these states:

Overnight stays in these states:
It is the sandstorm that shape the stone statues of the Desert. It is the struggles of Life that form a person's character ~ Native American Proverb