Remember that when you leave this Earth, you can take with you nothing that you have received, only what you have given, a full heart enriched by honest service, love, sacrifice and courage. -St. Francis of Assisi

Friday, September 30, 2011

Benjamin Button

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
notes from my journal November 8, 2010
I'm thinking these notes came from the book, but honestly I don't remember,  just typing out my journal entries so that I can keep them here.
I didn't write in a journal everyday, or even in the same book all of the time. I have loose pages that I want to keep in one place - that will have to be this blog, for now.

Life is a series of intersecting lives and incidents, out of anyone's control.  You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go.

Life is about letting go of the "dramas of our life" that seem to consume so much of our time and instead taking that new energy - that comes with the letting go - and putting it into loving deeply and living passionately.

Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.

How am I letting the opportunities of the day define my life?  What ones am I missing that I should be taking?

Some people were born to sit by a river, some get struck by lightning. Some have an ear for music. Some are artists. Some swim, some know buttons. Some know Shakespeare. Some are mothers. And some people dance. "What is it that you were born to do?"

For what it's worth, it's never to late to be whoever you want to be.
There's no time limit, stop whenever you want.
You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing.
We can make the best or the worst of it.
And I hope you see things that startle you.
I hope you feel things you never felt before.
I hope you meet people with a different point of view.
I hope you live a life you are proud of. If you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.

It is never to late to start living.

7 comments:

  1. Sometimes I think life would be easier if there were more "rules."

    The hardest thing for me is the realization that there really is no one who can fix things for you. You have to rely on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's never too late to be whoever you want to be.... how true that is. I've been thinking lately that I want to be an artist. I've never had any lessons so I think I will enroll in some classes and see where that leads. I would love to be able to paint scenes of all the places I hope to visit. Ya never know... it could happen. But I have to try in order to find out.

    Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always try to tell my kids and my grandkids they can do what ever or be what ever with some effort you must try no one will hand it to you. For years I wanted to take pictures good pictures. I am having a blast with it now.

    Great Post Teri

    ReplyDelete
  4. The book The Power of Now by Echert Tolle (sp?) is pretty much my bible. You can either accept things the way they are..which is ok to do sometimes....or figure out what you want to do and do what you need to get there. Not always easy but always worth it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up, so I choose not to grow up ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I welcome your thoughts and comments.

Drake Tax Software

Overnight stays in these states:

Overnight stays in these states:
It is the sandstorm that shape the stone statues of the Desert. It is the struggles of Life that form a person's character ~ Native American Proverb