Remember that when you leave this Earth, you can take with you nothing that you have received, only what you have given, a full heart enriched by honest service, love, sacrifice and courage. -St. Francis of Assisi

Friday, September 9, 2011

Deadlines

If you wait for 
PERFECT
conditions,
you will
NEVER
get anything done.

I have always been a procrastinator, I hate it. I always seem to wait 'til the last minute to finish something. I am hoping that this behavior will change someday.

I have set a date to leave in the coach. November 1st. I am not ready, my house is not sold. If I don't give myself a deadline, I won't get out of here. 

I put a countdown widget on the blog. 
Maybe looking at the countdown every morning will help.

I haven't traveled in the coach since July 7th, and I miss traveling in the coach. The coach is parked in the driveway and I have been adding items, taking out things I didn't use and rearranging everything.

I have to leave and make the best of the situation and see where life takes me. So, I am taking off. I'm not sure what I am looking for, or what I will find.

I plan on volunteering and/or working seasonal jobs. I have applied for Summer 2012 jobs in Alaska, Colorado, Wyoming and South Dakota. When I get accepted for one of these jobs, then it will be time to plan my route to the state I will be working in.

I will be moving around and sightseeing in November and December and visiting with Diane and Karl for the holidays. Next year I plan to stay in one location for one to four months at a time. A few of the locations have a public transportation system close to the RV sites. When I traveled in June, two of the towns had a bus service that stopped right in front of the RV parks.

I am looking forward to exploring an area and having the opportunity to really get to see everything, without just driving through. Most people only stay a few hours or a day in the National Parks, I will be able to stay for a month or longer and explore the entire area.

I have joined the NOMADS program, they volunteer to help out church groups and different organizations with projects. I did not sign up for any specific projects with them. I have not planned my route for the winter and do not want to be on a schedule.

I am also a member of ESCAPEES, and they have rallies and meetings and activities I can join. ESCAPEES has a mail forwarding service, so I may become a resident of Texas.

I have to choose a state to become a resident of. I need to get my drivers license changed while on the road. The license plate on my coach expires on December 31st. 

I contacted Blue Cross/Blue Shield and they told me I could keep my current health insurance policy, even if I move out of Illinois. This was a big worry, I am glad that I don't have to apply for a new health insurance policy.

I have been planning and making calls, and cleaning and sorting and selling stuff and painting and repairing and so many things ........
but I still have so much more to do............


I'm planning to walk around without a plan.



7 comments:

  1. I love that last comment, Teri! Seems to be the time of year for evaluating and figuring and yes, planning? for a lot of us. Good for you for staying loose! More adventure awaits I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always liked to keep "to do" lists in pencil. Check off what I get done, and erase anything else. Tomorrow is a good day to start fresh without looking back at the undone.

    The only deadline we have in life is the last one.

    Have fun and be proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good plan that's not Really a plan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might also want to look at South Dakota for your residency. That's what we have. Don't have to go back there every year to get your new plates - just have your mail forwarding service do it for you. We finally had to set a date and just go when we started out. I was still in a wheelchair and a boot cast from a broken ankle and ruptured Achilles tendon. So, no, not everything got done but we survived and took care of it the next summer. Everything will work out for you. And the adventures you have will make it all worth while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that setting a date for departure is a good idea. I've been planning for a year to head out to Livingston, Texas to a Boot Camp at the Escapees Campground and then on to explore the beaches near Aransas Pass. I hope to leave on November 1st and stay gone at least a month or maybe longer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a plan still the same!!..hope it all works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you Teri, sometimes making a leave date a must do works better. The rest is a where ever the road leads you, and where ever you park is home.
    I heard TX is pretty expensive for License and plates but so is AZ. SD sounds like a good deal.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I welcome your thoughts and comments.

Drake Tax Software

Overnight stays in these states:

Overnight stays in these states:
It is the sandstorm that shape the stone statues of the Desert. It is the struggles of Life that form a person's character ~ Native American Proverb