Remember that when you leave this Earth, you can take with you nothing that you have received, only what you have given, a full heart enriched by honest service, love, sacrifice and courage. -St. Francis of Assisi

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Beach, Desert, Forest or Mountains

 What do you prefer?


Right now, I vote for the beach. 

I moved away from the beach to a forest campsite for a week, 
and I am wishing that I was looking out over the water from my RV.

Although the warm weather
 along the Gulf is great,
 that's not the main reason.

The water and waves are soothing,
and I like walking along the shore.

I think it has something to do with
looking out over the water and
seeing open space and no end in site.

In the forest it is cozy,
but feels closed in.

I have always liked to be near the water.
Once looked into buying a lighthouse.
Thought I would end up retiring along
the shore of one of the Great Lakes.

Once we had a pontoon boat...
kept it at the Marina on the Illinois River.
Wanted to buy a small houseboat
but ended up with the pontoon.

Lakes, rivers, oceans doesn't matter.

I can't wait to get back to the beach.




9 comments:

  1. me three!!..I would much prefer the ocean views!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand that. I miss the water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a forest gal myself, but wouldn't mind a trip to the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having a 'long view' is why I love living out in the Flint Hills of Kansas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree completely - and ocean beaches are the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aiden saw the pictures on your site and he said "Grandma & Aiden take Mommy's car and drive there." If only we could. :)

    Merry Christmas!!

    Love, Jim, Barb, Brian, Jen, Mike, Kristy, Aiden, Tony & Becky

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're lucky to live where there are options for beaches or mountains or deserts, all within driving distance. Merry Christmas to you and your family, and Happy New Year wherever you go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess I'm not as crazy about the desert, but I love national forests & beaches. I like to stay by the gulf, but not on the sand. I like the national forests that you can stay by a lake & watch the daily activity of people & animals enjoying the lakes. The cool thing about RVing is that you can just move on & change your atmosphere when you want!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I welcome your thoughts and comments.

Drake Tax Software

Overnight stays in these states:

Overnight stays in these states:
It is the sandstorm that shape the stone statues of the Desert. It is the struggles of Life that form a person's character ~ Native American Proverb