Remember that when you leave this Earth, you can take with you nothing that you have received, only what you have given, a full heart enriched by honest service, love, sacrifice and courage. -St. Francis of Assisi

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Wyoming




Well, I've finally made it into Wyoming and will check into my job on Wednesday,
just 3 1/2 more hours of driving until I reach Cody.

I-25 North from Fort Collins, CO to Cheyenne, WY is a very busy highway, after Cheyenne there is not much traffic and a lot of open space.  I stopped at rest stops to take some pictures of the mountains but did not stop in any towns along the way. I don't like to take pictures while driving, I passed a lot of interesting sites along the way with nowhere to pull over.





The population of the State of Wyoming is 576,412
The least populated state in the U.S.
The population of Chicago is 2,715,000




Tuesday night, I stayed at Fort Caspar Campground in Casper, WY (different spelling for the Fort). I did not arrive early enough to visit the Fort Caspar Museum, which is about 2 blocks from the campground.

Here are a few pictures from the campground.  It is a Passport America park with a lot of full time residents, the park is kept up and clean but not the prettiest park I have stayed at. I did walk along the river trail after getting set up.




North Platte River



part of a dead tree carved into a fish design

link to the Izaak Walton League
defenders of soil, air, woods
waters and wildlife.



link to the Highway Travelers Guide to the
Oregon, California, Mormon Pioneer and Pony Express Trails across Wyoming






4 comments:

  1. Glad you mad it to WY! Almost there! Very nice pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your deer are definitely molting so it must be warming up out your way. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures in Cody. We love that area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the snow covered mountains and the deer seem content grazing. Hope the rest of your trip is pleasant

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite pic is the river. Classic shot!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I welcome your thoughts and comments.

Drake Tax Software

Overnight stays in these states:

Overnight stays in these states:
It is the sandstorm that shape the stone statues of the Desert. It is the struggles of Life that form a person's character ~ Native American Proverb