Remember that when you leave this Earth, you can take with you nothing that you have received, only what you have given, a full heart enriched by honest service, love, sacrifice and courage. -St. Francis of Assisi

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Be Happy!


I found an interesting little book titled "BE HAPPY".
Live Happier with Yourself and Others - published in 1958

"This work is designed to show you how you can solve your problems."
      "It is based on scientific findings."

There are only 4 chapters:
Money - how to take care of it.
Love - how to meet it
Marriage - how to cope with it
Happiness - how to achieve it.

I think its strange that it is scientifically based, and how about the idea of "coping" with marriage.
It also seems that the book is directed towards men.

What makes you happy?

5 comments:

  1. very profound question..depends on the day!..today was an okay day!..I have had better..nothing like a day on the beach..watching the waves...that makes me happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to think about that every now and then....cooking up a pot of soup on a cold day, feeling the warmth of the sun, watching wildlife, fragrant candlelight, squishing sand between my toes. AND, HAVING MY VERY FIRST BLOG FOLLOWER - TERI!!!!!!!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deborah - I agree, it made me very happy the first time I had followers. Blogville is making me happy.
    The warmth of the sun makes me happy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunshine, good food, and he bes husband in he universe make me happ! And if I could find he wo missing leers on m eboard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, that egg full of M&M's could make me happy! heehee

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I welcome your thoughts and comments.

Drake Tax Software

Overnight stays in these states:

Overnight stays in these states:
It is the sandstorm that shape the stone statues of the Desert. It is the struggles of Life that form a person's character ~ Native American Proverb