Remember that when you leave this Earth, you can take with you nothing that you have received, only what you have given, a full heart enriched by honest service, love, sacrifice and courage. -St. Francis of Assisi

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Tortoise

Diane and Karl
sent me a Tortoise Totem
a pretty little piece of pink quartz

I'm hoping to have my tortoise home soon,
 and will keep this totem on the dashboard
 as a reminder of their support.

Tortoise: they represent independence,
travel, and the ability to not be tied down
or chained to one place as they carry their home
with them wherever they desire.

The Tortoise symbolizes
fortitude and perserverance.
In both Sioux and Chinese culture
it represents birth and new beginnings.
It also means longevity, protection, support, wealth and prosperity.

This is a new beginning, as this dream of traveling
 around will be a solo trip. In October 2009
I suddenly became a widow and will have to
continue on this journey by myself.
Hopefully my husband is looking over me
and will help me get through the
challenges that I am sure to face.

We had 33 great years together and
many trips over the past 10 years
but not in a camper, we drove and stayed in
cabins or motels. The best and last was our
2009 trip to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon
and then to Zion, Bryce & Arches N.P.

2 comments:

  1. you are very brave to go on this adventure solo!..our hats go off to you!..may your husband watch over you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss. I agree with Sue and Doug that you are very brave, your husband would be proud of you!

    There is a very welcoming and helpful community of RVers out there, and whether through the blogging posts or the RV forums, if you ask a question, you'll get back many answers and make lots of friends.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I welcome your thoughts and comments.

Drake Tax Software

Overnight stays in these states:

Overnight stays in these states:
It is the sandstorm that shape the stone statues of the Desert. It is the struggles of Life that form a person's character ~ Native American Proverb