Remember that when you leave this Earth, you can take with you nothing that you have received, only what you have given, a full heart enriched by honest service, love, sacrifice and courage. -St. Francis of Assisi

Friday, February 11, 2011

Sick Today

Woke at 4:44 am with the worse headache ever and nausea.
Made Tea and took aspirin, but it didn't help.

Is it the flu??? Or a sinus infection??? Or my body is tired.
Can't seem to regulate my body temp, too hot then cold.

Called my Dad at 6:15 a.m., told him to cancel his doctors appointment, I'm staying in today.
Called the office I'm doing some parttime work at, left a message, "sorry not coming in today".

I don't usually get sick, I think it's all of the artificially heated indoor air. I need to be outside more often.

2pm more tea and some soup, headache is better, but not gone.
Staying in bed all day, but not real sleepy.

Central heat and central air is not good for us. I need to find a location for the winter that won't require a lot of indoor heating. I know it gets cold in the desert at night.  Maybe a small adobe, passive solar house... would help take the chill off. Or, what's the weather like on the Texas coast in winter, maybe a beach cabin is what I need.

My RV journey will help me find the right location. I just need a small cabin to stay in when I don't want to be on the road.

I want to travel and there are many places I want to see, but I also like having a small yard and a place to have a garden, etc. So, I may only full-time for a few years. But I don't want to be tied to a house that I have to worry about when I am traveling. Trying to figure out the right combination and won't make a decision until I get out there.

I see I have some new followers, thanks for joining me on my journey.

4 comments:

  1. Just getting over whatever it is. And I agree about all the artificial heating. Coastal TX is pretty warm even during winter. Remember you can have a little yard most places you park, then leave it behind for the next person to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always enjoyed gardening and flowers. Now I just support the local farmers and enjoy parks paid with our tax money! I thought I would miss having a yard when we moved into a condo. The only thing I really miss is having bird feeders. I think fulltiming will give me the opportunity to feed the birds, and I look forward to that! Feel better....sending good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They say if a you experience 'the worst headache you have ever had' you should get yourself to a Doctor right away.

    I think there are a lot of us out here looking for that little cabin in a favorite spot. Everywhere we go Kelly & I are always looking for that 'special place.' Our home in the north is located in a harsh winter climate, so like you, we are searching for a quiet little place in a warm southern climate to eventually call home.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I welcome your thoughts and comments.

Drake Tax Software

Overnight stays in these states:

Overnight stays in these states:
It is the sandstorm that shape the stone statues of the Desert. It is the struggles of Life that form a person's character ~ Native American Proverb